If you've been looking for a reason to make the switch to electric vehicles, we've got three. They can save you money, improve your driving experience and help reduce your impact on the environment.
Lower operating costs
By switching to EVs, you can save money on fuel and maintenance costs.
- More miles per dollar. You can go a lot farther for your dollar with EVs. In fact, you can save up to hundreds of dollars or more in annual fuel costs.
- No oil changes. Costs for oil changes can really add up over the life of a vehicle. Electric vehicles run off batteries, which don't require oil.
- Fewer parts to break. Electric motors have significantly fewer parts than internal combustion engines. Fewer parts mean less maintenance and less time in the shop.
- Steady off-peak electric rate. Off-peak electric rates are affordable and remain steady over time; no more worries about suddenly rising fuel costs.
Better driving experience
EVs offer a number of performance advantages that can improve your driving experience.
- Improved handling. EVs have a lower center of gravity, which improves handling and responsiveness.
- Quieter operation. EVs produce less propulsion noise than their ICE counterparts.
- Stronger acceleration. Electric motors generate instant torque, which means that EVs provide faster and smoother acceleration.
- Regenerative braking. When you hit the brakes, many EVs actually generate electricity, which is stored in the battery and helps the vehicle get moving again.
EVs are not only cheaper and easier to operate, they are better for the environment, as well.
- No tailpipe emissions. EVs produce no tailpipe emissions, meaning they are better for the air quality in your local community and the planet.
- Less pollution. Even when they're powered by electricity from coal-fired power plants, EVs reduce overall greenhouse gas emissions by a minimum of 20% compared to gasoline vehicles. EVs look even better when you consider the growing amount of electricity produced from clean, renewable sources.
- Increased energy efficiency. EVs convert over 77% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels. Conventional gasoline vehicles only convert about 12% to 30% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels.
With their many benefits, EVs offer a clear path to a better driving future for all of us. Ask us about rebates on the installation on a level 2 or 3 charger connected to our load management program!