Beltrami Electric Cooperative, located in Bemidji, Minnesota, is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Member Services Representative
- Answer telephone calls and determine the most effective, efficient manner of handling the calls.
- Process new services, credit card payments, tenant changes, disconnects, reconnects, name and address changes, service orders, and adjustments at request of member and completes preliminary paper work.
- Respond to member inquiries by phone or in person for account information, analysis of their account, service improvements, outages, re-sealing meters, security lighting, trees on line and various requests.
- Serves as a backup to the Receptionist/Cashier by handling the payments received, maintaining the cash drawer and in greeting and directing those visiting the Cooperative.
- Notarizes various documents.
- Respond to member’s e-mail inquiries, faxes and regular mail inquiries about billing, high usage, etc.
- Coordinates appointments with electricians and staking engineers.
- Conducts direct telephone communications with members regarding over-due accounts and coordinates with departments in regard to collection activity.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Member Services Lead
- Responsible for past due accounts and collection activity. Communicates with delinquent members, reviews follow-up dates and monitors payment arrangements and payment assistance.
- Develop procedures for the use of outside collection agencies and legal action to collection past due balances.
- Coordinates with departments regarding the collection process and related paperwork
- Responds to member inquiries and handles complex member issues. Occasionally responds to or makes calls outside of regular work hours.
- Provide guidance and coordination of the Member Services Representatives and Cashier/Receptionist in all areas of responsibility, including new services, payments, pay arrangements, disconnects, reconnects, service orders, service improvements and cooperative programs.
- Monitors daily cash drawer balancing.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action on non-sufficient funds (NSF’s) accounts.
- Assists Manager of Member Services with establishing write offs on energy accounts determined uncollectible and with account receivable and other balances. Coordinates the data necessary for write-offs and provides detail on these accounts.
- Responsible for meter-tampering situations and takes appropriate action.
- Develops and maintains professional positive working relationships with external contacts including but not limited to landlords, agencies, Department of Commerce, after hours call center, Attorney General’s Office, Public Utility Commission (PUC) and Law Enforcement.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in business management from a four-year college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Information Technology Administrator
- To lead Beltrami Electric Cooperative (BEC) cyber-security initiatives.
- Administer and maintain BEC’s enterprise IT equipment, computers, networks, and servers.
- Provide technical assistance and support to all BEC employees and affiliates.
- Lead end-user security and cyber-security initiatives. Monitors security events from servers, firewalls and intrusion detection sensors (IDS) for potential security breaches or violations of policy.
- Investigate security breaches and provide recommendations to Management.
- Provide end-user security training and awareness programs.
- Act as internal auditor for PCI Compliance, plan and schedule internal/external vulnerability scans/testing.
- Directs the IT Technician.
- Provide support for end-users of desktops, laptops, tablets and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Assist in the administration of servers/networks/infrastructure systems.
- Provide assistance with special projects for various departments including the development and design of reports.
- Provide troubleshooting, configuration, repair, and recommendations to management of PCs, servers, printers, AV equipment, laptops, mobile devices, IP Phones, cellular phones, networking equipment, and Beltrami Electric Cooperative specific software suites.
- Consults and proposes changes to IT policies and procedures and security needs.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with vendors, out-sourcers and consultants for services and products.
- Keep current on latest technologies and evaluate their potential to bring value to the Cooperative.
- A degree or certification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of this position.
- 2-4 years’ experience in desktop administration - Knowledge of desktop imaging, group policy and updating inventory.
- 2-4 years’ experience in network and server administration. Knowledge of TCP/IP, Active Directory, Exchange, MSSQL.
- 1-2 years’ experience in cyber-security initiatives.
- Prior utility experience a plus.